I hosted a wine night. Our theme was white wine. I asked everyone to bring either a Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling or Pinot Grigio. The wine was placed in a brown paper bag to hide it's identity. Each bag was labeled with a number. This is also known as a "blind" wine tasting. Since there were so many of us I had three different wine stations. I provided information on how to taste the wine. Each person was given a tasting card to record their answer. I liked this method because it let people go at their own pace.
When we were finished tasting the wine I revealed each bottle one at a time. This allowed people to write down the type of wine and it's origin. The person with the most answers correct won a prize.
To avoid any hard feelings, everyone took home a wine cork key chain.
No comments:
Post a Comment